Rangers vs. Guardians Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 15
The Texas Rangers (82-64) and Cleveland Guardians (69-78) clash on Friday at 7:10 PM ET, beginning a three-game series at Progressive Field.
The Rangers will give the ball to Jon Gray (8-7, 3.78 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 9 on the season, and the Guardians will turn to Lucas Giolito (7-13, 4.89 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Rangers vs. Guardians Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Friday, September 15, 2023
- Time: 7:10 PM ET
- TV: BSGL
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Venue: Progressive Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Gray - TEX (8-7, 3.78 ERA) vs Giolito - CLE (7-13, 4.89 ERA)
Discover More About This Game
|Rangers Injury Report|
|Rangers vs Guardians Betting Trends & Stats|
|How to Watch Rangers vs Guardians|
|Rangers vs Guardians Odds|
|Rangers vs Guardians Prediction|
Rangers Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Jon Gray
- Gray (8-7) will take the mound for the Rangers, his 27th start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up three earned runs and allowed four hits in 2 2/3 innings pitched against the Oakland Athletics on Sunday.
- The 31-year-old has an ERA of 3.78 and 8.1 strikeouts per nine innings, with a batting average against of .246 in 26 games this season.
- In 26 starts this season, he's earned a quality start in 11 of them.
- In 26 starts this season, Gray has lasted five or more innings 21 times, with an average of 5.6 innings per appearance.
- He has four appearances this season with zero earned runs allowed out of his 26 chances this season.
Jon Gray vs. Guardians
- The Guardians have scored 591 runs this season, which ranks 28th in MLB. They have 1239 hits, 16th in baseball, with 111 home runs (30th in the league).
- The Guardians have gone 5-for-23 with two home runs and four RBI in one game against the right-hander this season.
Guardians Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Lucas Giolito
- Giolito gets the start for the Guardians, his 30th of the season. He is 7-13 with a 4.89 ERA and 177 strikeouts through 163 2/3 innings pitched.
- The righty last appeared on Sunday against the Los Angeles Angels, when he tossed seven innings, allowing four earned runs while giving up four hits.
- In 29 games this season, the 29-year-old has amassed an ERA of 4.89, with 9.7 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are batting .240 against him.
- Giolito has collected 13 quality starts this season.
- Giolito is looking to record his 25th start of five or more innings this year in this outing.
- He has had three appearances this season that he held his opponents to zero earned runs.
- The 29-year-old's 4.89 ERA ranks 42nd, 1.283 WHIP ranks 36th, and 9.7 K/9 ranks 15th among qualifying pitchers this season.
Lucas Giolito vs. Rangers
- He will face a Rangers offense that ranks third in the league with 812 total runs scored while batting .267 as a squad. His opponent has a collective .457 slugging percentage (third in MLB action) and has hit a total of 208 home runs (sixth in the league).
- Giolito has a 6 ERA and a 1.5 WHIP against the Rangers this season in six innings pitched, allowing a .304 batting average over one appearance.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.