Local Sales Manager
ABOUT GRAY TELEVISION:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 86 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
Based in Midland/Odessa, CBS 7 prides ourselves on being a dominant player in a highly competitive market where there is never a shortage of news that impacts people on the regional level, throughout the state of Texas and very often on the national stage.
Our team of professionals is committed to sharing the most compelling stories every day…and we know that requires outstanding writers, creative photographers and an innovative production team. Whether we’re following local officers to the nation’s capital to remember their fallen brothers; travelling to Marine boot camp to highlight a local man’s
journey; covering our hometown president (George W. Bush) during his eight years in office; or tracking the latest developments in the oil and gas industry – CBS 7 is located at the epicenter of some of the most important news stories of our generation.
The CBS7 Media Group in Odessa-Midland, TX, is seeking a dynamic Local TV Sales Manager. This important position on our leadership team encompasses revenue management for our station group – KOSA-CBS, KTLE-Telemundo, KCWO-The CW & MyTV16 plus our Spanish radio station KTXC. The ideal candidate will be driven,
goal-oriented, customer-focused, and organized, with the ability to coach and motivate both newer and experienced AE’s to success in multi-platform advertising sales. Must be able to build strong internal and external relationships, enjoy making sales calls & investing in the success of others.
We are also nestled in a picturesque region of Texas, often referred to as a hidden jewel that makes for exciting weekend trips for the outdoors adventurer or the lover of rare or unique art.
Learn more about CBS 7 at
* Work in partnership with the Director of Digital Marketing and National Sales Manager to exceed revenue goals on all stations.
* Create revenue-generating sales opportunities and solutions for all stations.
* Prepare annual goals and budgets for the AE’s.
* Collaborate regularly with the AE’s on strategy and negotiations for key accounts.
* Consistently evaluate AE performance and provide effective training.
* Meet with all AE’s on a weekly basis to ensure their professional development and success.
* Recruit and develop new talent.
* Meet with clients to develop and strengthen relationships and to drive client retention.
* Review and approval of advertiser orders in a timely manner.
* Effectively price & manage inventory and provide correct forecasting.
* Be active in the community, supporting our customers and local events.
* Minimum of 5 years of broadcast sales experience; sales management experience a plus.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office, Wide Orbit Traffic, Wide Orbit Media Sales & Matrix.
* Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.