City: Collapsed vent pipe caused carbon monoxide leak at Manor Park

Published: Feb. 12, 2020 at 1:05 PM CST
Email this link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

UPDATE: The City of Midland has released the cause of Wednesday's carbon monoxide leak at Manor Park.

According to the City, the Midland Fire Department's Fire Marshal's Office discovered that the leak was caused by a collapsed vent pipe on a gas boiler.

Several residents were taken to the hospital for precautionary reasons. The remaining residents were relocated to another facility at Manor Park.


There is no update on the residents who were taken to the

Seventy-seven residents at the Helen Greathouse Assisted Living building at Manor Park Village in Midland were evacuated this morning after many complained they were dizzy.

Seven residents have been taken to the hospital.

The executive director at Manor Park tells CBS7 that the Midland Fire Department says it's possible carbon monoxide poisoning.

CBS7 will continue to update this story as more information becomes available.

Latest News

Latest News