Ector County mother and father overcome by H2S gas; Die at oilfield pump house

Photo Courtesy of Natalee Dean’s Facebook Page
Photo Courtesy of Natalee Dean’s Facebook Page(KOSA)
Published: Oct. 28, 2019 at 2:18 PM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

An employee at Aghorn Energy died Saturday night responding to a pump house check request, according to investigators with the Ector County Sheriff's Office.

They say Jacob Dean was checking the pump house when he was exposed to H2S gas.

His wife, Natalee Dean, got worried when he didn't answer his phone, so she and her two children went to check on him.

When she got to the pump house, sheriff's investigators say she was exposed to H2S gas when she got out of the car.

Both died at the scene.

Detectives say the six and nine-year-old children were saved because they stayed in the car. Their grandparents now have custody of them.