List of warming shelters in the Permian Basin
Published: Dec. 20, 2022 at 3:12 PM CST
PERMIAN BASIN, Texas (KOSA) - As we approach colder weather, CBS7 wants to make sure the West Texas community is aware of any warming shelters in the area in case of power outages from inclement weather. To see the First Alert weather forecasts and current temperatures click here, or visit the CBS7 First Alert Weather App on your mobile device.
- The Ector County Sheriff’s Office West Side Annex (2261 W Sycamore) will be open for anyone who has lost heat or needs a warm shelter beginning Thursday through Christmas Day.
- The City of Odessa is partnering with Salvation Army and the American Red Cross to open a warming shelter (810 E. 11th St.) The shelter will be open from Tuesday, Dec. 20th to Monday, Dec. 26th.
- The Salvation Army of Midland (600 E Wall St) will be opening its doors anytime the temperature is below 41 degrees, for anyone in need to go inside and warm up, get a hot cup of coffee and a meal, plus additional beds available for overnight shelter to keep people warm and safe and off the streets.
- Salvation Army in Big Spring (811 W. 5th St.) will be offering a warm place during their open office hours, Monday - Friday, from 9 am to 3 pm, and during their Sunday worship service. There will not be a warming station available Saturday.
The Andrews County Sheriff’s Office has announced the following locations will be opened as warming shelters for families in the case of power outages.
- La Nueva Jurusalem, Chapel (2335 NW Mustang Dr.)
- Means Memorial Methodist Church (311 NE 2nd)
- First Baptist Church (201 NE 2nd)
- Andrews County Sheriff’s Office, training room ( 790 SE 401)
If we missed any warming shelters in the area please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright 2022 KOSA. All rights reserved.