Advertisement

Crane restaurant catches fire overnight

Published: Apr. 6, 2021 at 9:20 AM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

CRANE, Texas (KOSA) - My Friends Grill in Crane is gone after a fire ignited early Tuesday morning.

Decades of cherished memories gone in just a few minutes.

The restaurant’s owner Norma Pinado was taken by surprise when she was called here soon after the fire started burning.

“I figured it was just going to be something that we could come in and put out with a fire extinguisher,” Pinado said. “I didn’t imagine it to be this at all.”

Unfortunately not.

The fire got out of control too fast for the fire crews to stop it before the building crumbled and everything inside was lost.

Pinado said it’s sad to see the restaurant perish like this. It’s been a Crane staple since 1986 and all these years countless people have found a home there either as an employee or a customer.

“There’s a lot of memories here,” she said. “A lot of people that came through and they have special memories here.”

For now, Pinado doesn’t know what started the fire as crews are still investigating.

All she does know is that Crane has lost an irreplaceable part of its history

“They’re going to miss it,” she said. “I miss it already. It’s like I said it’s part of our community. When I took over it five years ago, I mean, I already loved this place anyway.”

When we spoke to her, Pinado wasn’t sure if she’s going to rebuild the restaurant. However, she said ven if she does, it won’t be the same.

UPDATE: Roadways have been opened up!!! Crane Fire Department, Crane County Sheriff's Office, and Crane Police...

Posted by Crane County Sheriff's Office on Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Copyright 2021 KOSA. All rights reserved.