Odessa elementary named as one of ten finalists in national STEM contest
ODESSA, Texas (KOSA) - An Odessa elementary school is in the running to win $3,000 to support a STEM project.
Dowling Elementary entered the Sparklight Dream Bigger contest with the goal of starting a club for Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM).
School leaders say that if they win, the new STEM club would launch with a field trip to Texas Tech to open up students’ eyes to new experiences.
You can view the full list of finalists here:
- Clarksdale Municipal Robotics Team (Clarksdale, MS)
- Kennett High School / KHS Robotics Team 7139 (Kennett, MO)
- Shelley High School (Shelley, Idaho)
- STEM Class / Robert Stuart Middle School (Twin Falls, ID)
- Prescott YMCA of Yavapai County (Prescott, AZ)
- Wendell School District / Wendell Elementary School (Gooding, ID)
- Byng Junior High (Ada, OK)
- Dowling Elementary (Odessa, TX)
- New Mexico Military Institute (Roswell, NM)
- Project Impact STEM Academy (Kuna, ID)
Copyright 2021 KOSA. All rights reserved.