CBS7 is looking for someone who wants to break stories that no other station has. CBS7 is the Breaking News and Weather Authority in Midland/Odessa and would like to expand our tem. The ideal candidate is hard-working and asks questions that no one else is even thinking of. We break stories and we dig deeper than any other station in the market. We are an award winning station which has sent reporters consistently to top 50 markets after their time here. There will be daily live opportunities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Shooting, writing, and editing daily content for newscasts, web, and social media.
• Strong live reporting skills for on air and social media.
• Ability to operate portable live equipment solo from the field.
• Enterprise story ideas and build local contacts.
• Perform other duties necessary to assist the newsroom as assigned by management.
• BA/BS degree in Broadcast Journalism, Communications, or related field.
• Prior professional experience reporting, producing, writing, or shooting news is preferred.
• Strong professional social media skills.
• A valid driver's license and good driving record.
• Solid technical and computer skills, and understanding of how content is turned on multiple media platforms.
Please apply online at www.gray.tv/applynow.
CBS7 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Paid PTO and Health Benefits Available.