About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. We own and operate leading media outlets in over 50 markets throughout the country – all delivering the news, weather, sports and entertainment that millions of our neighbors count on every day. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
CBS 7 News is the top-rated, long-time news leader in west Texas and southeastern New Mexico.
Based in Midland/Odessa, we pride ourselves in being the dominant player in a highly competitive market where there is never a shortage of news that impacts people on the regional level, throughout the state of Texas and very often on the national stage.
Our team of professionals is committed to sharing the most compelling stories every day…and we know that requires outstanding writers, creative photographers and an innovative production team. Whether we’re following local officers to the nation’s capitol to remember their fallen brothers; travelling to Marine boot camp to highlight a local man’s journey; covering a hometown president (George W. Bush) during his eight years in office; or tracking the latest developments in the oil and gas industry – KOSA is located at the epicenter of some of the most important news stories of our generation.
As the only community in the country with an International Air and Space Port, travel to and from Midland from anywhere in the world (and very soon even out of the world!) is quick and easy. We are also nestled in a picturesque region of Texas, often referred to as a hidden jewel, that makes for exciting weekend trips for the outdoors adventurer or the lover of rare or unique art.
Learn more about KOSA at http://www.cbs7.com/.
Join the fun, fast paced, creative environment in the commercial and station image production operation at KOSA-TV in Odessa, Texas. This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven, energetic, talented, editor/cinematographer to join our award winning creative services team in our state of the art creative suite. Candidate must possess proven skills in cinematography with a broad knowledge of cameras and lens configurations.
- Write, produce, direct and edit various effective on-air promotional and commercial material as required to air on CBS7 and MyTV16.
- Will serve our locally produced lifestyle shows Studio7 and Moms Everyday by helping film and produce segments.
- Work with various departments to guide projects through the entire production process.
- Work closely with Creative Services Director on projects for broadcast, digital and print.
- Will maintain a clean work-space at your own dedicated editing suite.
- Will work on commercial projects, run camera for station initiatives, and help with numerous community projects.
- 3 to 5 years experience in production and post production environment.
- Familiarity with basic broadcast operations.
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Audition and Adobe Illustrator (Adobe certification a plus).
- Ability to write creative marketing scripts and bring them to life.
- Experience shooting with broadcast and cinema camera gear.
- Strong communication and customer interfacing skills and must be highly organized, self-motivated and driven.
- Experience working in a promotional or commercial creative environment is a plus.
- Possess an on-line reel of proven work is a plus.
- Must have valid Driver’s License with good driving record. Employment is contingent on successfully passing drug screen and driving record check.