ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — Albuquerque officials say dozens of elderly and disabled residents are displaced after an apartment fire.
Albuquerque Fire Department spokeswoman Melissa Romero says the Solar Villa Apartments caught fire Tuesday evening.
Firefighters were able to quickly put out the flames.
Investigators ruled the fire as accidental.
Officials say someone left a lit cigarette near clothing, causing a fire on the third floor.
No one was seriously hurt, but Romero says one person was treated for smoke inhalation.
Romero says the blaze caused water damage to the entire 16-unit complex leaving 65 people and more than 20 pets displaced.
Residents are staying at a shelter set up inside a middle school until the Red Cross can connect them with housing.